Beautiful Basement Remodel - Bedford, NH
Such an Impressive, Multi-Functional Finished Basement!
When our customers first contacted us to help build their finished basement, we discovered they had several issues that they wanted to solve:
1. A Connection to the Outdoors: A high priority was creating a transition from their backyard pool and outdoor recreation area to the basement.
2. A Functional Kitchen Space: Next on the list was a kitchen area for casual lunches by the pool, gatherings with friends, and craft time with their children. We met multiple needs by also creating custom built-in bench seating around the existing rear bump-out on the home that included storage under the seats and allowed for their specific table size.
3. Natural Light: The original basement was very dark. To brighten it up and add more natural light at the client’s request, we added several new windows. What a difference!
4. Storage Solutions: With the need for more storage space, we added pantry cabinets and a custom walk-in pantry near the stairs to the first level. An unfinished storage and mechanical area was also created outside of the finished area of the basement, as well as the pièce de résistance – a temperature controlled room for wine and spirit storage and display.
5. A Playroom and Separate TV Area with…..you guessed it – storage, storage, and more storage: A TV area was created with built-in cabinetry to help store components and other items out of sight, and the play area included multiple cubbies to hold bins of smaller toys, games, and other play items.
6. Half Bathroom: A basement-level bathroom was a high priority for our clients, for convenience of access during pool time and play time. Just because it’s a basement 1/2 bathroom, doesn’t mean you can’t make it absolutely stunning!
Build Savvy and our architectural design team worked alongside the customer’s interior designer to collaborate on both floor plan layout and custom selections, which included gorgeous quartz countertops, luxury vinyl plank flooring, white oak hardwood stairs, and upgraded fixtures and hardware. See pictures below for the fabulous finish!